Friday, December 8, 2023

Exclusive Interview With Takuto Miki

Takuto Miki, the 20 year-old forward from Japan, shocked the Indian football community by leaving Shillong Lajong after just 6 games. His fearless style of play was a sight to behold at the SSA stadium every matchday, and Shillong Lajong fans were sad to see him leave so soon. Takuto is now back in Japan, and while he waits for his next club, he gracefully answered some questions.

How did you hear about Indian football?

Yeah, so as you know, after I left my club in Indonesia, I was searching for a new club. My agent told me that I might get an offer from I-League, and I knew about the quality of I-League, and I was excited to play in this league. Before coming to India, I knew about the ISL, Indian NT, and even I-League, and I knew the Indian local players were very good.

What was life like in Shillong? 

Shillong was a very beautiful city, and life was very comfortable there. The weather was very similar to Japan, so I was used to the conditions!

Were you surprised about the quality of the players in Shillong Lajong?   

Like I said before, I knew about the quality that Indian players possess. When I got there, however, I was surprised to see how hard the players work. The people of Shillong are very football oriented, and I could see that on the field and in the training sessions.

Why did you leave Shillong Lajong?

Obviously, I cannot say everything, but there were a few differences between me and the coaching staff. I had a different plan for the season, and the coaching staff had a different plan, which is normal in football. There were also differences in the tactics of the game. I have no bad feeling towards the coaching staff, they are obviously wonderful. You know Bobby is our coach, and this is his first experience coaching a professional club, and he is a great person, but I wanted to learn from a coach with more experience so I could improve faster.

What are your next steps and what is your dream?

Haha, I know there are a lot of rumours about me! What I will say is that since I terminated my contract early, I know how to wait until January 2024 to see where I go next. As you guys know, I have an offer from an ISL club, and I want to try the top league of India. I also have an offer from the Malaysian top division, so I am still deciding where to go next. My dream is to play in the AFC Champions League, and I hope I can get there one day!

Finally, what would you like to say to the fans of Shillong Lajong?

The fans were a great asset in my football career, and I want to thank you guys for helping me grow up! This encounter will be a treasure to me forever!                   

No comments:

Post a Comment