Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Exclusive Interview With Renan Paulino

 Renan Paulino, the 28-year old Brazilian maestro, has been in fine form for Shillong Lajong. His experience pushes the entire team, and he is a big reason as to why Shillong Lajong are doing so well in the I-League. Today, Renan was kind enough to answer some questions while enjoying his mid-season break!

1) How did you get to know about Indian football?

I did not know too much about Indian football before I came here. It was through my agents that I came here. I had just left my club in Lithuania, and was looking for a new club. My agent then told me that he got an offer from an Indian 2nd division side with very good local players, and in that moment, I decided to come to India.

2) How is the quality of I-League?

I-League is a very good league, with very good teams and good stadiums. The players here are very skilled, and the fans are also amazing. Every game we play in Shillong, the stadium is full, which is a huge motivation for us to go out and do well!

3) How does the quality of play compare to Lithuania?

The level of play when comparing I-League to the Lithuanian top division is similar, although the main difference is that there are more fans in India. When I was playing in Lithuania, the stadiums were empty, but here, the stadium is full. The Indian Super League has more quality than the Lithuanian top division I would think.

4) Would you like to play in the Indian Super League?

Yes, of course. The Indian Super League is a very good league, and when compared to the I-League, has more structure, and the clubs are more professional. I would love to get a chance to play in the ISL!

5) What are the objectives for Shillong Lajong in the second half of the season?

Shillong Lajong moved up from the 2nd division I-League last season, so our expectations are a little bit realistic. This season, our main objective is to avoid relegation and stay in the I-League. Once that is achieved, we will move onto the next objective, which is to fight for Top 3, and ultimately, the title, and promotion to the ISL.

6) What message would you like to share to the Shillong Lajong fans?

I want to thank you guys for all you support, and without you guys, we are nothing. The fans are very important, and together, we can achieve great things!

Once again, a huge thank you to Renan for taking out some of his time to answer these questions, and good luck to him and his team for the remainder of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment